Sunday, February 12, 2006

Bitter Old Cynic Thinks He's Funny

Time to define today's archetypes of the hip fringe...

Hipster: Semi-employed twenty-something hapless formless dweeb in second-hand clothes with no girlfriend, no money, a My Space page, and a starter drug/alcohol habit.

Handy Man: Middle-aged former hipster, failed artist/drunk on his way to a liver transplant, who charges too much for third-rate light construction.

Self-Employed Bohemian: The balding bitter cynic writing this piece.

Feel free to add your own slap-happy definitions!

1 comment:

zencomix said...

Hey Steve...just stopping by to say hey....have you checked out the site Drawn!? They post about different art/illustrators they think are cool, and they also host a Forum, and there's lots of artists participating in various discussions, like Self Publishing. I thought you might be interested, so I'm passing on the links....Also, I can't remember if I thanked you proper for the MeanCat comic you sent. All those Organic Carrots I smoked back in the 90s must be catching up with me...